Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Namma Chennai..

It feels wonderful to be back in Chennai. I hadn't realized just how much I have missed the city. I used to think it was my gang of friends that I missed. Now I realize the place has its own charm amidst all the cacophony of share-rics, MTC buses and bullock carts. The house that we have rented is very cozy, though its nothing when compared with Eden (where we used to live before we shifted to Hyderabad). Nevertheless, after checking out the rental scene at Chennai, I feel a tad lucky to get such a "clean" house. We did see a beautiful penthouse apartment, which had its own private terrace with a beautiful view. On the flipside, it had 3 bedrooms and is a bit too big for a family of two. We'd probably get lost trying to find each other! So its a modest 2 BHK on the ground floor for now.

It does take a little effort to get used to "normal" life, outside the ISB campus. Campus life was so eventful, life outside seems to be in perpetual slow motion. H has a more daunting task, at least I had some taste of life outside campus on a daily basis. Suddenly he has a lot of time on his hands, and literally nothing to do till he joins work. Sometimes I feel lucky not to be in his stead! Its a bit hectic at work, leading a team from a remote location is not an easy task. It gets boring, working without a team here. There are talks of starting a team here in Chennai, and I am pushing with all my might. Lets see where it goes. Life has settled into a routine now. Need to bring in some life, catch up with some old friends, invite them over for lunch some day. After all, why should only H suffer ??!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment